I love fish sauce. Lettuce wraps are such an amazing idea for those of us who have given up the “normal” wraps.
This is part of a series of FREE recipes that I will be sharing weekly and will be included in my upcoming Paleo meal plan (Scheduled for this summer). So subscribe using the form on the side bar if you wish to receive all these recipes at no cost to you.
Thai Pork Lettuce Wrap Recipe
This combination of pork and fish sauce with a twist of chilli sauce in this recipe is what I like to work with. You can certainly try different combinations or simply swap for a different sauce. Some of my friends have gone for hoisin which also works a treat.
I opt for local, organic vegetables. The uglier the better for me 🙂 I also went for organic, free pork that is local.
This is one of those dishes that is so quick and easy to make and is so flavourful.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Has a prep time of about 10 minutes and 10 minutes cooking time. This is a great dish to enjoy as lunch or dinner. .
The whole dish for 4 servings contains
1 lb pork thinly sliced
2 cups chicken stock
¾ cup mung bean sprouts
½ cup almond butter
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 tbsp water
Fresh lettuce leaves Cut
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a pan in medium heat. Then add pork pieces. Cook for 5 minutes. Pork will be cooked.
- Remove pork pieces to cool. I store the chicken stock for later recipes.
- Now cook the bean sprouts with Paleo cooking fat for about 4 minutes and then set aside.
- Now on to creating the delicious sauce. In a big bowl, mix the almond butter, fish sauce, water, white wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Now roll the cooked stuff garnished with the sauce in lettuce leaves and enjoy!
Thank you for reading! Enjoy My Thai Pork Lettuce Wrap Recipe
I appreciate you and your time. Check back next week as I will be continuing to share more recipes and aim to have a great meal plan free for you in the coming months.
What are your thoughts on this? Would love to hear from you in the comments below?
PS – If you are looking for more Paleo diet recipes, why not check out my Exclusive Unboxing Video Review of the Fat Burning Chef and find out exactly why this could possibly be the worlds largest collection of Paleo Recipes!
References and Inspirations