I absolutely love chicken and I love Moroccan food so when I came across this recipe, it was a match made in heaven. The challenge was to make it Paleo approved and still be tasty and I have to say that my wife and I accomplished it and proud of this recipe.
Paleo Diet Recipe – Moroccan chicken
I opt for local organic chicken. The herbs are from my local market to keep it as organic as possible and least amount of exposure to chemicals and preservatives.
This is one of those dishes that I like to marinate the night before so you get an amazing flavour but about 2 hours will also do. Great dinner for the family.
This recipe serves 4. Has a prep time of about 5 minutes (plus 2 hours marination) and a total cooking time of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The whole dish for 4 people contains
1 whole chicken cut into pieces ie thighs, drumsticks etc.
4 cloves garlic minced
1 ¼ cup fresh cilantro minced.
¾ cup fresh parsley. Minced
⅓ cup lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a bowl. Combine lemon juice, cilantro and parsley. Season to your taste and then throw in the chicken and marinate well.
- Place in a baking dish and and leave in fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cover with foil and cook chicken for 30 minutes. Then turn over and back in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Now, turn up the heat to 375 F and make sure chicken in skin side up and cook for further 45 minutes. This is to get it nice and brown
- Serve with all the juices (Optional – some people don’t like it but I love raisins in my food for a great sweet and savoury feel, sprinkle some if you want). Enjoy!!!
Here’s a video I found
What are your thoughts on this? Would love to hear from you in the comments below and maybe some pictures of what you have created?
PS – Before you start on the Paleo Diet, take moment to check out my free eBook. It will save you a ton of time as I share the mistakes I made first time round and how to fix them.
References and Inspirations